From:
"d.raphael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 06:08:15 PST
Try the British medical Journal at http://www.bmj.com

It is totally on line since 1996.

Dennis Raphael

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999 18:21:18 -0500 Melina Auerbach wrote:

> From: Melina Auerbach <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 18:21:18 -0500
> Subject: strategies for addressing income as a determinant of health
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> I am looking for (local,national, international) examples of successful
> strategies that communities or governments have adopted that have had an
> impact on poverty and/or disparity of incomes.
>
> Poverty has been identified by our Regional Health Board as one of the
> biggest priority health issues.  We are developing a workshop to try to
help
> the Board and the public committees come up with some strategies to address
> the issue of income as a health determinant.. it would be helpful to
provide
> them with some successful strategies/innovative approaches that have been
> tried.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>

> Melina Auerbach
> Community Developer
> Vancouver/Richmond Health Board
> Tel: 604-877-4690
> Fax: 604-872-2368
Visit our Web Site for an Overview of ALL of our Quality of Life Projects!
http://www.utoronto.ca/qol

 All children belong to society.
 But obviously society will have to be changed
   in order to make it treat its children better.

       -Halldor Laxness  "The Atom Station"

Dennis Raphael, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Associate Director,
Masters of Health Science Program in Health Promotion
Department of Public Health Sciences
Graduate Department of Community Health
University of Toronto
McMurrich Building, Room 101