From:
"Robin D. Holmes" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 10:51:32 -0500
Trisha: Health Canada developed a tool called Improving the Odds, which is a
tobacco use prevention resource for youth aged 10-14.  The resource was
developed in response to a national survey of smoking prevention programs.
This survey noted that there are certain gaps in the available programing,
specifically regarding information for girls and about the tobacco industry.
Improving the Odds (also available in French) is meant to be used in
conjunction with other known effective programs, e.g., Lungs are for Life.
The resource utilizes/promotes the Comprehensive School Health framework.

For copies of this resource contact your provincial office of the Canadian
Cancer Society. (CCS Ontario Division - 416-488-5400)

Robin Holmes
Project Management & Communications
Voice: (416) 485-4560   Fax: (416) 485-9344
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]