Sender:
From:
Tom Batstone -Best Start Barrie- <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 11:49:58 -0500
it shouldn't surprise us that we're being asked to pay for our own health
promotion.  after all  we live in a province where groups such as the
police, transport officials and conservations officers have had their
mandates changed from ensuring safety and enforcement to revenue generation.
the gov has set a standard where it seems you can do anything you want as
long as it's paid for or generates revenue.

the other thing i find a contradiction is that we're expected to pay for
health promotion but on the other hand, if we engage in unhealthy activities
(like smoking) the cost of our medical treatment is paid.  please don't
think i'm in favour of withholding health care to people who "brought on
their own illness", it's merely an example.

regards

tom batstone