Sender:
From:
Lianna Ferran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 17:16:28 -0500
Hi Barbara,

You might be interested in obtaining a copy of "Listing of Funding Sources for
Community Projects on Family Violence" distributed through the National
Clearinghouse on Family Violence. This listing includes federal and provincial
departments providing funding for community projects: research and/or bursaries
relating to family violence, as well as foundations or non-profit organizations
that have reported funding at least one family violence initiative in the last
three years.

Though the listing is directed to family violence issues, there would be a
number of resources that you may like to follow up on. I'm thinking specifically
of "The Community Action Program for Children" - a component of the Child
Development Initiative at Health Canada that funds community groups to establish
and deliver services that address the developmental needs of at risk children.

If you're interested, ask for a copy by calling 1-800-267-1291 or (613) 857-2938
or send me an e-mail with your mailing address and I will get it out for you.

Take care,

Lianna Ferran
Project Officer
National Clearinghouse on Family Violence - www.hc-sc.gc.ca/nc-cn
Health Canada

Brenda Stankiewicz <[log in to unmask]> on 99/11/09 04:21:18 PM

Please respond to Health Promotion on the Internet <[log in to unmask]>