Sender:
From:
Lianna Ferran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 09:32:02 -0500
Hello,

You may be interested in the following documents, as well as the resources they
lead to (though they are not specifically program related).

- A Handbook for Health and Social Service Providers and Educators on Children
Exposed to Woman Abuse/Family Violence
- Wife Abuse - The Impact on Children

If you are interested in a copy, please send me your mailing coordinates and I
will mail them out to you - or request a copy by calling 1-800-267-1291

----------------------

We also have a number of videos that deal with this issue. They are available
for purchase through the distributor, or you  may borrow a copy from National
Film Board partner libraries across Canada. Items of interest include:

- What About Us: A Group Counselling Tool to Help Children Cope with the
Experience of Having Witnessed Their Mothers Being Abused
- Make a Difference: How to Respond to Child Witnesses of Woman Abuse
- Seen But Not Heard: A Docu-Drama About the Serious Emotional and Physical
Effects on Children Who Witness Their Mothers Being Abused
- The Children's Voice

To obtain information about inter-library loans - or to inquire about purchasing
a video call 1-800-267-1291.

Thanks,

Lianna Ferran
Project Officer
National Clearinghouse on Family Violence - www.hc-sc.gc.ca/nc-cn
Health Canada

"Cogdon, Ann" <[log in to unmask]> on 99/12/10 11:21:01 AM

Please respond to Health Promotion on the Internet <[log in to unmask]>