Sender:
From:
"Schwenger, Suzanne" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 10:26:34 -0400
FYI.  Apologies for any cross-posting.

Celebrating women's health in Ontario - OWHN launches new first stop for
women!

Toronto, On - June 28, 2002 -- The Ontario Women's Health Network (OWHN)
recently celebrated the launch of their newly designed website,
www.owhn.on.ca, a virtual gateway to health information for Ontario women.

The official launch was held on June 6, 2002 at their Toronto office. It was
an event to remember, complete with an on-line demonstration and a formal
ribbon-cutting ceremony. We presented certificates to our contributors- a
great photo opportunity! But the fun didn't stop there. A live raffle
completed the launch - a sure-fire way to toast the new site!

The site was designed by a wonderful volunteer team of top-notch web-savvy
women from Digital Eve Toronto <http://digitalevetoronto.com/> through the
Community On-line Design Program (CODE).
<http://digitalevetoronto.com/community/code/index.html>  The site includes
the following great features:

Our OWHN Database.  Ontario women can search for health and community
services located close to where they live. 50 different health topics!
What Every Woman Should Know.  Useful links and resources on many prominent
health issues;
Our OWHN Health. A quarterly electronic bulletin, filled with updated health
information and other links;
In Our Hands: A Guide to Women's Health and Community Services. Our popular
regional directories- now available in PDF format!
A new links section for women in Ontario looking for health information.

"Our new site links women to the information, tools and resources that they
need", says Suzanne Schwenger, OWHN's Provincial Coordinator. "Through
connected gateways with our partners at the Canadian Women's Health Network,
Women's Health Matters/Femmes en Santé and the Federated Women's Institutes
of Ontario, Ontario women will find it easier to find what they are looking
for, and know that it is high-quality information."

The Ontario Women's Health Network is a not-for-profit organization that is
committed to a vision of a society where women have access to the resources
that they need to promote healthy living. Information for the site comes
from women, service and care providers, local groups, health practitioners
and other health organizations in Ontario.

www.owhn.on.ca is more than a website. It is a new gateway of information
that helps Ontario women find the information they need to promote their
health and wellbeing.

www.owhn.on.ca ~ Our OWHN health is in our hands!

For more information please e-mail, [log in to unmask],  or call toll-free at
1-877-860-4545.