Sender:
From:
"Stirling, Alison" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 May 1997 17:44:23 -0400
A couple of weeks ago, the CLICK4HP list-owners received this message,
asking to be reposted to the list.  Alas - Liz, Sam and I have been so
busy that we've not had time to discuss it or to take initiative and
'just do it'.  Having just rediscovered this message, I am sending it to
the list to encourage your feedback and consideration of the survey.  I
have filled out the 'general public' survey and found it an interesting
and thoughtful survey.  I hope that we will see the results!

Alison Stirling

---------------------------------------
Hello, my name is Dean Traiger.  I am a medical student in my last year
of
training and I am working on a research paper about medicine and the
Internet.

My research deals with the negative aspects of the Internet.  I am
taking a
critical look at how the Internet is having/will have a negative impact
on
the physician - patient relationship.

I do believe that the Internet as a whole will have a far more
beneficial
impact on medicine than negative, but after searching through the
literature I found that there is almost no discussion of the dangers and
pitfalls of using the Internet.

What I am searching for now is the view of others who have experience on
the Internet and can look at the Internet critically for a moment and
can
tell me what they feel are the dangers and pitfalls to medicine and to
the
patient-physician relationship.

I have prepared two surveys to help me with this task.  One is geared
specifically for physicians and the other specifically for the general
public.  You can answer the survey using any general web browser
(Netscape,
MS Internet Explorer, or even Lynx).  The address to reach the survey
is:

http://www.actcom.co.il/~dean

If you do not have access to the world wide web and would like to
participate in the study, please email me and I will send you a copy of
the
survey via email for you to fill out and return to me.

Thank you for your time.

If you have any comments or suggestions, please feel free to email me at
any time to express them.  My email address is:    [log in to unmask]

----
Dean Traiger                            Help me with my research!!
Technion Univeristy             Take my survey of how the Internet is
Faculta of Medicine             changing the Physician - Patient
Relationship
[log in to unmask]              Point your browser to:
                                        http://www.actcom.co.il/~dean
-----