Sender:
From:
Doug McCall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 07:50:20 -0800
Further to the Discussion of Cost-Benefit in Health Promotion

We are publishing a cost-benefit analysis of the impact of school-based
smoking prevention program that shows one dollar invested saves 15 dollars
in health care and other costs. The study was led by Tom Stephens and Murray
Kaiserman at Health Canada. It will be available for distribution after it
appears in the Amer Journal of Public Health.

We used a similar CDC study in meetings with Preston Manning's office, They
were very interested and requested follow-up informatiom several times after
our meeting.

We also have a few disparate studies of the benefits of school-based
prevention that are primarily American.

To request copies, contact me at the email address above or at:

Doug McCall
Canadian Association for School Health
(604) 535-7664