From:
Cynthia Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 10:30:06 -0700
does not surprise me.  I attended the European Union on H Promotion and
Education Conference in Israel last fall.  There was very little, if anything
mentionned on evaluation in the program sessions and only a couple of
evaluation papers presented.  In fact there was no evaluation forms for
any aspect of this international event!!!  The priority to be outcome
focused did not appear to be nearly as strong as it is here.
With the strength of the Centres for Health Promotion research across
Canada and the evaluation requirements of funders such as Health
Canada, I feel that evaluation and research would never be overlooked
on a Canadian list.  How much they are valued is another question.

Cynthia