From:
Bob Jeffery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 1999 09:34:28 -0600
The first time I heard this story was in about 1982.

It was told by a native child welfare worker-Moses Tom.
He used the story to indicate the need to develop programs to prevent native
children from being taken into child welfare custosdy.

I have no idea where he heard this story.

In his version what they discovered was that the bridge up rive was in bad
repair and so they fixed the bridge.

bobj

"There are no institutions,  only people."

Bob Jeffery, Health Planner
Northwestern Health Unit
396 Scott St
Fort Frances, On