From:
Keith Currie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 23:10:02 -0600
Edmonton has a "cultural broker" program with women from 7 cultural
communites providing health education and support for immigrant families.
Part of their role has been to translate and culturally adapt health
information. Infant car seat safety, nutrition, birth control,and prenatal
health are only some of the materials completed. I would be very interested
in partnering and sharing.
Leeann Currie
Coordinator of the Culturally Responsive Perinatal Care and Family Support
Program
Edmonton Alberta