From:
Nancy Dubois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 22:21:04 +0000
Tobie Mathew wrote:

> I was wondering whether anyone knows of any good resources on developing a
> vision or mission statements,philosophies and obejctives for community
> organizations.
>
> Thanks in advance!

> Tobie R. Mathew                         Office: (403)492-8507
> Centre for Health Promotion Studies     Cell:   (403)915-1837
> 5-10 University Extension Centre        Fax:    (403)492-2364
> 8303-112 st.                            Email:  [log in to unmask]
> Edmonton, Alberta
> T6G 2T4

The best resource that I have ever seen is "Effective Organizations" - a
Consultants Resource from the SKILLS program for management volunteers -
contact your Ministry responsible for fitness, sport, recreation,
culture, citizenship OR the national SKILLS office in Ottawa.  It has
good concise descriptions of the elements, examples and tools/worksheets
to develop your own and reference for more information.

Nancy Dubois
Community Facilitator
Active Living Community Action Project