From:
"Donna L. Alden" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Oct 1998 09:46:17 -0700
Hello,

Thanks to all of you who responded with information on where to find stats
on the number of health care workers who acquire Hep B. I found a great
deal of very helpful info although somewhat contradictory. Some stats show
that health care workers have a 0.5-1% chance of acquiring the disease
(which is about the same risk to the general population), whereas others
say that the risk to health care workers is about 15-30%. So I guess I
will sort through the data and try to look at which values seem most
reputable given the source and method of attaining those values.

Thanks again to all.  Regards.

Donna Alden

--

Donna L. Alden, RN, BScNurs(Distinction), BSc, DipEH, OHN(S), MScOH(S)
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

The Public Health Inspector/Environmental Health Officer Home Page
http://www.ualberta.ca/~dalden/Index.html

Master's Student (Occupational Health) at the University of Alberta
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Public Health Sciences

ListMaster of Pubhealthnet - a list for public health professionals
to network and post/view jobs in the public health field. To join,
go to my web page listed above and follow the instructions.