From:
Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 17:03:17 -0500
>Stop 103 neighborhood food centre is looking for a person who shares our
>community development philosophy to co-ordinate our food security
>programs:  community gardening, community kitchen and community dining.
>
>Responsibilities
>Facilitate community involvement in our community garden, community
>kitchen and community dining programs
>Provide leadership and co-ordination in all matters related to food
>security programming
>Use community development/health promotion approach to identify food
>security issues of families and isolated individuals in order to plan
>and implement effective reponses
>Participate in broader activities at the agency, e.g. planning, systemic
>advocacy, fundraising and team meetings
>
>Qualifications:
>2 years + community development work experience with people of diverse
>cultures in a community-based setting
>Experience working with and sensitivity to those who experience poverty
>and discrimination
>Knowledge of and experience with food security issues/models, especially
>as they relate to families and isolated individuals
>Demonstrated program planning and group facilitation skills
>Familiarity with proposal writing and grant submissions
>Ability to develop program budgets and monitor program spending
>Experience doing outreach work
>Strong interpersonal and writing skills
>Food skills and knowledge of healthy eating practices are assets
>Second language and knowledge of the Davenport West community are assets
>
>Salary $17 - $19 per hour
>Hours:  24 per week
>Starting:  January 1999
>Deadline: 12 noon Monday December 21 to:
>Hiring Committee-- Food Security Program Worker
>STOP 103, PO Box 69
>Station E, Toronto   M6H 4E1

Visit our Web Site for Free Copies of Our Community Quality of Life Reports!

http://www.utoronto.ca/qol

   Canalising a river
   Grafting a fruit tree
   Educating a person
   Transforming a state
   These are instances of fruitful criticism
   And at the same time instances of art.
       -Bertolt Brecht

Dennis Raphael, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Associate Director,
Masters of Health Science Program in Health Promotion
Department of Public Health Sciences
Graduate Department of Community Health
University of Toronto
McMurrich Building, Room 101