From:
Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 10:57:19 -0400
I have received an inquiry for information related to the following:

Please respond to David directly at  "Ramsey, David C." <[log in to unmask]>

Dennis Raphael

"I am writing you to ask for some information. I am planning
a session titled "A Socio-ecological Approach to Diagnosing the Problems of
Obesity" at the Mid-Year Meeting of the Society for Public Health Education,
to be held in Minneapolis June 17-20. This will be a panel of 4 or 5
15-minute presentations. I would like to get a Canadian perspective on the
non-clinical (i.e. social and environmental) approaches to the topic of
obesity prevention. Can you give me a reference or two?

I am not certain that we can pay their way to the meeting, so that is also
a consideration. But since this meeting is so close to Canada, and the
theme is "Challenges in Health Promotion: Reaching Beyond Our Boundaries",
and will be in concert with the International Union of Health Education, I
would very much like to give the audience an "across the boundary"
viewpoint."

David Ramsey
Centre for Disease Control
Visit our Web Site for Free Copies of Our Community Quality of Life Reports!

http://www.utoronto.ca/qol

   Canalising a river
   Grafting a fruit tree
   Educating a person
   Transforming a state
   These are instances of fruitful criticism
   And at the same time instances of art.
       -Bertolt Brecht

Dennis Raphael, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Associate Director,
Masters of Health Science Program in Health Promotion
Department of Public Health Sciences
Graduate Department of Community Health
University of Toronto
McMurrich Building, Room 101