From:
Sherrie Tingley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 17:00:34 -0400
Hi Elise,

This may sound like a silly question but how is this different then condos?
 You may want to contact the co-op housing people, they likely have quite a
bit of stuff and have been around since what seems like the beginning of
time.

Good luck,

----------
From:   Elise Davis[SMTP:[log in to unmask]]

Hi Sherrie,

The group is called the MCBA -- Milennium Community Building Association.
They are located in Toronto, and their initial focus will be in Ontario.

I have been given the JobsOntario package, and will be looking at that.
 The
housing units to be fostered by this group will not be subsidized rental
units, as was the case with JobsOntario.

Rather, they will be fostering the development of non-profit housing linked
to services for seniors that is owned by them -- an alternative to
retirement homes, condos, etc.

I am aware that there is very limited government funding for housing
projects.  But, I do think it would be helpful to look at application forms
for seed grants of other large community development projects -- even if
they aren't housing related.  For instance, I managed the former Health
Promotion Grants Program for Toronto while working at the Metro DHC.  I'll
be reviewing that application package for ideas as well.

Elise