From:
Celeste Wincapaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 20:21:34 -0700
Please circulate far and wide!
In Celebration of International Midwives Day...

"Hot Off the Press: New Midwifery Research in BC"

Researchers from the BC Centre of Excellence for Women's Health have been
documenting BC's experience with integrating midwifery into the medical
system.

Join us for an interactive panel discussion where researchers will discuss
the findings of their qualitative research projects on the experiences of
midwives working in the home and in hospital.

Allison Rice, Registered Midwife, Where We Are and How Did We Get Here?,
Jeanne Lyons, Registered Midwife, Observations of a Home Birth Demonstration
Tour, Jude Kornelson Researcher, Midwives, Nurses and Doctors: The
Challenges of Interpersonal Collaboration, Elaine Carty, Chair, Midwifery
Research Group, Current Projects and Future Directions.

Time: Thursday, May 6, 1999, 10:00 a.m. -  12:00 p.m.

Audience: Researchers, midwives, nurses, physicians, activists, policy
makers, care providers, & students. Everyone Welcome!

For more information, contact us by:
Phone:  604.875.2633, Fax: 604.875.3716
E-mail: bccewh @bccewh.bc.ca,
Web:  www.bccewh.bc.ca

Services for persons with disabilities and Lower Mainland transportation
subsidies are available upon advanced request.

Event Location: BC Centre of Excellence for Women’s Health, Room E311 (3rd
floor) at BC Women's Hospital and Health Centre, 4500 Oak Street, (Gate 3
Entrance at Heather St & 29th Ave), Vancouver, BC.

RSVP: As we have limited seating, please RSVP!  tel. 604.875.2484 or e-mail:

The event will be audiotaped. The paper copies of the research reports are
in press--please contact us if you'd like to be on a waiting list for
copies.

Sponsored by BC Women’s Hospital and Health Centre and Health Canada’s
Centres of Excellence for Women’s Health Program

Celeste Wincapaw
Communications Co-ordinator
BC Centre of Excellence for Women's Health
Vancouver, British Columbia
http://www.bccewh.bc.ca
mailto:[log in to unmask]