From:
Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 13:11:37 -0400
http://www.oadd.org/

Developmental Disabilities in Ontario - 36 chapters, 50 authors.

This volume is an accessible, authoritative resource designed for learning
and day-to-day use. The breadth of its subject matter on critical personal,
service, and policy issues makes it a must-have volume for people working
and studying in the field. For family and friends of people with
developmental disabilities, the clear format and the in-depth and
up-to-date resource listings focussing exclusively on our province make
this an indispensable guide.

Developmental Disabilities in Ontario is an essential reference for all
involved with developmental disabilities in Ontario. Its more than 30 topic
areas, contributed by over 50 experts and practitioners working in Ontario
today, make it the definitive book in the field.

Edited by Ivan Brown, Centre for Health Promotion, University of Toronto,
and Maire Percy, Surrey Place Centre and University of Toronto. 1999

Chapters

Historical Overview
Current Views
The Developmental Service System in Ontario
Individual Approaches to Support
Rights and Freedoms
Early Childhood
Ontario’s Schools
Lifestyles of Adults
The Role of Families
People with Developmental Disabilities as Parents
Older Adults
Overview of Developmental Disabilities
Common Syndromes
Fragile X Syndrome
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
HIV in Children
Autism & Cerebral Palsy
Women’s Issues
Problem Behaviour
Sexuality
Physical Health
Nutrition
Alzheimer’s Disease
The Role of the Professional

Ordering information

Each volume is $79.85 (Canadian)
($69.95, plus $5 for shipping and $4.90 for GST).

Please complete an order form (below) and send along with
payment (cheque, money order, VISA) to

Front Porch Publishing
253 College Street, PO Box 182
Toronto, Ontario
M5T 1R5

To order by phone or fax, dial (416) 946-3680.

Order form in PDF format
Order form in Web format (HTML) is at http://www.oadd.org/

Visit our Web Site for information about our Seniors Participatory and
Community Quality of Life Projects!  Free Reports Also.

  http://www.utoronto.ca/qol      http://www.utoronto.ca/seniors

  Long have I looked for the truth about the life of people together.
  That life is crisscrossed, tangled, and difficult to understand.
  I have worked hard to understand it and when I had done so
  I told the truth as I found it.

  - Bertolt Brecht

Dennis Raphael, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Associate Director,
Masters of Health Science Program in Health Promotion
Department of Public Health Sciences
Graduate Department of Community Health
University of Toronto
McMurrich Building, Room 101