From:
Brian Hyndman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 12:44:20 -0400
If we're going to use a temporal frame of reference to indicate
causality are you willing to hold health promotion responsible for the
free trade agreement with the U.S., the rise in the incidence of child
poverty, the withdrawal of the federal gov't from social housing
construction, the introduction of a regressive sales tax to offset
significant reductions to the highest income tax brackets, and the
deepest economic downturn in Canada since the great depression -- all of
which took place during the 1984-1993 'heyday' you refer to? Were these
actions the result of implementing the Ottawa Charter?!

--
Brian Hyndman
The Health Communication Unit