From:
Bill Swan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 15:40:25 -0400
DO NOT RESPOND TO THE LIST PLEASE RESPOND TO:

Re: Prevention and Promotion Expenditures as a proportion of total health
spending

Is anyone aware of sources where this information might be available.  The
only source I know of
lumps health promotion and disease prevention in with many other
expenditure categories into an overall heading called "public health",
which includes of course communicable disease control, public health
department activities etc.   The expenditure in that category totalled
about 5% of total expenditures.

I thought I had seen better estimates but cannot locate any.  If you know
of better data, I would appreciate hearing of it.

Thanks . . .

_________________
Bill Swan
Executive Coordinator - Canadian Health Economics Research Association
Research Coordinator - Queen's Health Policy
3rd Floor, Abramsky Hall, Queen's University
Kingston, Ontario  K7L 3N6  CANADA
Ph: (613) 545-6000 x 4871
Fx: (613) 545-6353
e-mail: [log in to unmask]