Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 11:39:35 -0900
Sherrie:
You brought up a good point.  People get ill when they live on
the street.  As well, the mentally ill are often homeless because
of our cruel treatment of sending the "mentally ill" back "to live
in the community" when in fact community resources to help them
are scarce or non-existent.
The other good point you brought up was women and children.
Most of the homeless I see are men.  Extreme poverty amoung
women and children is even more invisible than that amoung
men.
Viviane Caplan