From:
Kerrie Duncan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 14:27:48 -0400
I also am glad to see this topic come up on this conference.

I have heard that more homeless deaths actually occur in the fall - I just
supposed that was because of the weather changes.  I would like to know if
this is true and if there are reasons or factors that contribute to this.
If it is true, I think it is quite remarkable that it is only those that
"freeze to death" that can be sensationalized and contribute to the
purchase of more newspapers.  It is truely dehumanizing - sort of allows us
to respond to a crisis, rather than looking at the situation as a whole.

Kerrie Duncan