From:
Cathy Crowe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Oct 1997 18:37:21 -0500
Yes, more deaths have been documented in the summer and fall. This is in
part because more people stay outside risking the weather. Both extreme heat
in summer, cold in fall can lead to deaths. Also, less services may be
involved in "life-saving rescue missions" in these times. The other factor,
is that the longer one is outside, the worse it is on your health anyway, so
other conditions can worsen, and a person may die. The other variable
connected to duration of time outside is violence which increases, the
longer one is exposed to both the elements and other people. C. Crowe