From:
Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 1997 13:44:47 -0500
Forwarded Message:
From: Victoria Hogan <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 18:33:11 -0400
Subject: Re: Letter to be published in the Toronto Globe and Mail
To: Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]>

I'd like to introduce my hero to you, Professor Michael Parenti (Ph.D.,
Yale 1962, Political Science).  His book, "Democracy For the Few" is in its
6th edition, and has been a prescribed text in over 500 colleges and
universities across North America.  I brought him to Vancouver in March to
speak on "Democracy vs. Globalization: Who Wins, Who Loses?", and got 450
people out, as well as coverage by Rogers Cable.  The lecture has since
been shown about a half dozen times in the Vancouver area since that event.

His web site, featuring sample chapters from current books is:

http//www.vida.com/parenti/home.html

I also recently started a discussion list on his work at

I'm sure this dynamic, savvy, committed activist would be of interest to
your students, as well as your academic network.

Please check this out, and forward to your contacts.

Cordially,

Victoria Hogan

  From new transmitters came the old stupidities.
  Wisdom was passed on from mouth to mouth.
            -Bertolt Brecht

Dennis Raphael, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Acting Director,
Masters of Health Science Program in Health Promotion
Department of Public Health Sciences
Graduate Department of Community Health
University of Toronto
McMurrich Building, Room 101