From:
TODD IRVINE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 1997 16:16:19 -0500
Hi, my name is Todd Irvine.  I am a research associate at the Addiction
Research Foundation.  I am presently compiling an inventory of evaluated
prevention and health promotion programs.  The goal of the project is to
create an easy to use tool that will be distributed to community coalitions
in Ontario.  By providing coalitions with proven examples and contact
information we hope to reduce the time and money these groups spend
on creating and implementing their initiatives.

However, after several weeks of intense searching on academic and
health promotion databases I have found only a few evaluated programs
at the community/coalition level.  The majority of evaluated programs I
have found are large, heavily funded initiatives in the US.  I was
wondering if anyone on this listserve knows of any evaluated community
level prevention or health promotion programs?

Any information you can provide is greatly appreciated.

I can be reached at:

Community Programs and Services Department, The Addiction Research
Foundation

Phone: 416.595.6975
fax:     416.595.6899
email:   [log in to unmask]