From:
Peter Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 May 1998 07:18:09 -0700
We are currently drafting a report of focus group research with
different groups of men (14 to 65+ years of age) regarding their
experiences of accessing primary and secondary health care for any
health problem/need. Other questions we asked them were: who do you
talk to first about a health problem ? why do you think men delay
seeking help for health problems more than women do ? what type of
health problems do you find it easy/difficult to talk about ? can you
suggest ways of improving local services ?

Literature searches for similar work that has been published have
thrown nothing up. We are now looking for similar work that has not
been published.

Do you know of any completed or ongoing research with men concerning
their health needs in general that might interest us ?