From:
"Stirling, Alison" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 May 1998 10:27:09 -0400
I think that Jean-Marc meant to 'attach' an announcement about the
Community-Campus Partnerships for Health 1999 conference in his recent
message.  However, please note that ***attachments do NOT work on
list-servs!****

I have copied the text of the conference announcement below
Alison
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

We are pleased to invite you to join us for Community-Campus
Partnerships for Health's 3nd annual conference:

Community-Campus Partnerships for Health:
Leadership for Healthier Communities and Campuses

March 26-30, 1999
Seattle, Washington

Closing keynote speaker: Judith Ramaley, President, University of
Vermont

A Call for Workshops, Posters and Stories will be released in August
1998

The conference will build upon the successes of our 1998 conference in
Pittsburgh, where participants discussed principles and best practices
for community-campus partnerships that improve student education, civic
responsibility and the overall health of communities.

The 1999 conference will examine the role of leadership and the
leadership skills needed to fulfill the promise of community-campus
partnerships, healthier communities and healthier campuses.  Leadership
will be viewed from multiple perspectives, including leadership at the
community level, at the institutional level, at the student level, and
within government and philanthropy. Leadership will also be viewed from
multiple models, including those of social change and
servant-leadership. Conference tracks will enable participants to design
a leadership development curriculum based on their own learning
objectives.

Over 500 participants from community, civic, government, philanthropic
and health delivery organizations; and students, faculty, and deans from
health professional schools, colleges and universities are expected to
convene in Seattle for four days of leadership  development,
skill-building workshops, mentoring sessions, poster presentations,
community site visits and networking.

To be placed on the mailing list for the "Call for Workshops, Posters
and Stories" (due out in August 1998) or conference registration
materials (due out in January 1999), please fax or email your request to
CCPH; fax: 415/476-4113,email: [log in to unmask]  **If you are a
member of CCPH or on our general mailing list, you will automatically
receive these materials and do not need to respond to this email**

Community-Campus Partnerships for Health is a non-profit organization
committed to fostering partnerships between communities and educational
institutions that build on each other's strengths and develop their
roles as change agents for improving health professions education, civic
responsibility and the overall health of communities.  For more
information about CCPH, check out our web site at
http://futurehealth.ucsf.edu/ccph.html