From:
"Jacobs, Anna" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 14:16:55 -0400
I thought subscribers to this list might be interested in the Healthy
Communities Conference taking place in June in St. Jacobs. For more
information please visit our web site http://www.opc.on.ca/ohcc.

Ontario Healthy Communities Coalition Annual Conference
"We are sowing the seeds...are we reaping the harvest?"

Ontario Healthy Communities Coalition's fourth annual conference takes place
June 11-12, 1999 in Woolwich Township.  Come experience a uniquely rural,
highly participatory, fun event.

Woolwich Township is home to St. Jacobs, Elmira and other historic villages.
It is a place where horse-drawn buggies compete for road space with cars and
trucks.  And where local shop owners struggle with a proposed 'big box'
store.

With respect for the past and looking to the future, Woolwich Healthy
Communities asks, "We are sowing the seeds...are we reaping the harvest?"

Brief Program Outline

Friday, 10.30am-4.00pm
Open forum (including lunch)
Open forum to tackle your wicked questions
Looking for a forum to share experiences and resources? Interested in
networking with others
who share the same challenges and wicked questions? Experience first hand an
extraordinarily
powerful technique you can learn to easily implement in your own community
to create synergy,
spirit and partnerships.

Saturday, 9:30 - 11:30: Concurrent Workshops/ fieldtrips
Workshops include: Indicator projects,  Local Business, Guiding Principles,
On-Line Communities, Clean Waterways               Civil Society, Trails,
and Eco-Spirituality

11:30 - 2:30  Healthy Communities Across Ontario Luncheon

2:30 - 3:30 Discovery Tour

For more information, contact Susanne Gardiner, conference coordinator, at
(519) 669-5139 or 1800-766-3418 ext. 2258 or email
[log in to unmask] or visit our web site
http://www.opc.on.ca/ohcc

Anna Jacobs
Ontario Healthy Communities Coalition
Communications Facilitator