From:
Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 08:49:51 -0400
>From:  "Dominic Harrison" <[log in to unmask]>
>To:    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Integrating Health Sector Action on the the Social and Economic
Determinants of Health
>Date:  Mon, 14 Jun 1999 09:57:23 +0100
>Sender: [log in to unmask]
>

>In 1998 WHO -Europe ran a Workshop on the theme of ""The Social determinants
>of health: Implications for the health professions". I have edited the
>proceedings with Dr Erio Ziglio (Investment for Health WHO-Euro) and these
>have been published by the National Academy of Medicine in Italy in 'Forum:
>Trends in Experimental and Clinical Medicine, 8.3  Suppl.n.4. This is
>available in full text on-line on http://www.accmed.net/hpi under the title
>'Social determinants of health : implications for the health professions :
>Genoa 18-21 April 1998'.
>
>Papers include :
>
>Social and Economic determinants of health : implications for promoting the
>health of the public.
>Ziglio, Levin, Bertinato.
>
>Social determinants of health across Europe.
>Bobak
>
>Economic and social factors of health:lessons from the transition
>Fajth
>
>The other half of medicine:the concept of psychosocial stressors, and its
>implications for health and the health professions
>Levi
>
>Social capital and its contribution to public health.
>Gilles
>
>Integrating health sector action on the social and economic determinants of
>health
>Harrison
>

>Dominic Harrison
>Health Promotion General Manager
>& English Health Promoting Hospitals National Network Co-ordinator
>North West Lancashire Health Promotion Unit
>Sharoe Green Hospital
>Sharoe Green Lane
>Fulwood
>Preston
>Lancashire
>PR2 8DU
>UK
>Tel:  0044 1772 711773
>Fax:  0044 1772 711113
>e-mail: [log in to unmask]

Visit our Web Site for Free Copies of Our Inequality and Health Papers and
Community Quality of Life Reports!

http://www.utoronto.ca/qol

   Canalising a river
   Grafting a fruit tree
   Educating a person
   Transforming a state
   These are instances of fruitful criticism
   And at the same time instances of art.
       -Bertolt Brecht

Dennis Raphael, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Associate Director,
Masters of Health Science Program in Health Promotion
Department of Public Health Sciences
Graduate Department of Community Health
University of Toronto
McMurrich Building, Room 101