From:
Nicky McDermott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 12:37:04 -0400
I had difficulty answering this question. It's a yes and no. Let me explain
having been through labour twice, I didn't appreciate not being able to eat
or drink - I really wanted that cafe latte! However, I'm sure their must be
a good medical explanation for why a woman in labour cannot eat or drink.
As any parent to be, the safe delivery of your child is the issue. By
eating and drinking would the safety of the mother and child be jeopardized
if emergency treatment was necessary? If there is no evidence to support
this then I'd say a whole hearted YES let us eat and drink and make the
whole experience as comfortable as possible.
Nicky McDermott