Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 10:19:44 -0500
Re: food basket survey
I don't have the details at my fingertips where I am right now but I can
tell you that we worked with the local housing authority and social services
department to establish an amount for rent and utilities that represented
the local picture.
Other partners in this process were the local food banks, a food security
task group that we have locally, and we used community food advisor
volunteers, among others (such as peoplke involved withour local heart
health coalition)  to assist with the surveying after providing them with
the necessary training.  We are currently writing up the latests survey to
include more specific details about how income was calculated than how we
had described it before.

We too did a media release which generated a lot of interest and several
follow-up articles in the newspaper.

I can have the nutritionist on our staff get in touch with you for more
specifics if you like - e-mail me directly at [log in to unmask]
Joyce Fox