From:
"Doyle, Sandra" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 09:55:11 -0500
Peel Health Department is currently investigating the issue surrounding
polypharmacy in the elderly population.  Regional Council has endorsed a
plan to collaborate with key professional bodies like the Ontario Public
Health Association, the College of Physicians and Surgeons and other
professional organizations, in order to develop effective approaches to
improve the physician prescribing of medications for the elderly.  It is
also our goal to develop a health promotion strategy that addresses the
safety concerns for seniors who are prescribed multiple medications.

We are interested in hearing from any organizations that may have worked on
this issue already or who know of other agencies, groups, etc. that may be
instrumental in determining effective strategies for this complex issue.

Please send replies to [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>                 Thank you!