From:
Celeste Wincapaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 16:46:15 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Pamela Gole [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 2000/03/20 4:44 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: Job Posting

- CONTRACT CONFERENCE PLANNER -
The Health Association of BC is a dynamic non-profit, non-government
association formed in November 1997.  Our members include the province's
health authorities and other health organizations.  We provide our members
with advocacy, education and networking opportunities.

We are currently seeking an experienced Conference Planner to join our
Education Department for a 7˝-month contract position (full-time) beginning
in early May 2000.

Along with a Conference Coordinator, the Conference Planner will be part of
a team responsible for implementing the Health Association's conference and
workshop plans during the maternity leave of the Education Manager.

Specific responsibilities of this position include:
-       Overseeing and implementing logistical details pertaining to
"Exploring Health Excellence", our      annual education conference in
November (such as sponsorship acquisition, venue liaison, print &
promotional material development, marketing, speaker booking/liaison, etc.);
-       Managing regional workshop requests for our governance education
program;
-       Preliminary planning for 2nd annual Continuing Care Conference
scheduled for spring 2001;
-       Advising, problem-solving and assisting the Conference Coordinator
in the implementation of other  planned conferences and workshops when
needed;
-       Supporting other education department initiatives as time allows.

Demonstrated experience required in:
-       Coordinating logistical details of conferences;
-       Sponsorship acquisition;
-       Health industry.

If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover
letter and résumé by 5pm on MONDAY, MARCH 27TH to:

Pamela Gole, Education Manager
Health Association of BC
#750 - 1380 Burrard Street
Vancouver, BC   V6Z 2H3

Fax: (604) 488-3983
e-mail: [log in to unmask] ((MS Word format only)