From:
Sutherland Alan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 12:30:03 +1000
Reply to Sara:

Some ideas (one not fully implemented for communications:)

1. a communication tree or informing key "doorway" persons: information is
regularly provided to a key contact who either uses a tree to inform others
or has a good local knowledge of people and organisations and so spreads the
news.

2. Our women's health service now runs a telephone contact service (free to
callers), but it needs to be staffed with volunteers or paid people.

3. I started a men's information service in a low income community using
volunteers (therefore had credibility).  We ran a training course for them
and mentored them as well.

You may like to ask your local council to start up an information service or
run a resource book!

Regards

Alan

Alan Sutherland
Health Promotion Policy Officer
Strategic Analysis and Research
Strategic and Corporate Support Division
Department of Health and Human Services
PO Box 125B, Hobart
TASMANIA
AUSTRALIA       7000

Phone: (03) 6233 3147
FAX:     (03) 6233 2899
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

Australian International:
011 + 61 + 3 + (eight digit call number)