From:
"Stirling, Alison" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 09:37:22 -0500
Regarding your question: >undertaking a literature review in the following
areas of Health Promotion [linking HP theory to planning, mobilization,
intersectoral action, coalitions, partnerships]

I recommend that you look at the resources of my organization, the Ontario
Prevention Clearinghouse, as we have a large number of resources and links
related to health promotion, community mobilization, intersectoral
collaboration, coalitions and partnerships and much more.
Our website is about to be completely revised and enriched with new
resources (with a launch in time for the winter holidays!) - for the moment
you should be able to find a number of resources in our publications section
at http://www.opc.on.ca/pubs/index.html and in our links at
http://www.opc.on.ca/sites.html

As well, I strongly recommend that you browse and search through the many
resources and feature articles of the Ontario Health Promotion E-Bulletin on
the OHPE website at http://www.ohpe.ca  Try the Subject Matrix search
(http://ohpe.ca/ebulletin/matrix.cfm) to select the specific issues that you
are seeking.
In particular, you should look at:

HP Theory & Programme Planning
OHPE Bulletin #186.1 "Application of the Ottawa Charter [for Health
Promotion] to Shape Health Promotion Practice"
http://ohpe.ca/ebulletin/FullFeature.cfm?ID=186&FOUNDATIONS=55

OHPE Bulletin #150.1 "Why Should Health Promoters Be Theoretical?"
http://ohpe.ca/ebulletin/FullFeature.cfm?ID=150&FOUNDATIONS=55

OHPE Bulletin #53.1 "Intervention Mapping: A Process For Developing Theory-
and Evidence-based Health Education  Programs"
http://ohpe.ca/ebulletin/FullFeature.cfm?ID=53&FOUNDATIONS=55

Coalitions, Partnerships & Collaboration
OHPE Bulletin #93.1 "Collaboration - Working Together for Community
Capacity"
http://ohpe.ca/ebulletin/FullFeature.cfm?ID=93&GENERICSTRATEGIES=21

OHPE Bulletin #179.1 "Community Capacity Building"
http://ohpe.ca/ebulletin/FullFeature.cfm?ID=179&GENERICSTRATEGIES=18

OHPE Bulletin #152.1 "Developing Leadership to Sustain Community Coalitions"

http://ohpe.ca/ebulletin/FullFeature.cfm?ID=179&GENERICSTRATEGIES=18

OHPE Bulletin #113.1 "Breaking Down the Strategy Silos"
http://ohpe.ca/ebulletin/ViewFeatures.cfm?ISSUE_ID=113&startrow=171

and lastly, you should also look at the terrific resources of The Health
Communication Unit at http://www.thcu.ca In particular, their health
promotion  planning workbooks and materials at
http://www.thcu.ca/infoandresources/planning.htm

You have asked a big question - I hope that you find a way to synthesize all
that you find for your comprehensive literature review.

Alison
Alison Stirling, health promotion consultant
Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse (OPC)
Suite 1900, 180 Dundas St. W. Toronto, ON M5G 1Z8
Tel. 416-408-2249 or 1-800-263-2846 x226
Fax. 416-408-2122  Email: [log in to unmask]
Internet: http://www.opc.on.ca