From:
Alana LaPerle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 11:11:13 -0600
I am involved in a pitch for a public awareness/social marketing campaign
for FAS prevention. We are recommending a positive approach and appeal that
focuses on universal parental feelings for their children (almost all
parents love their children and want what is best for them) while
acknowledging the life realities of women most at risk for alcohol affected
birth outcomes -- rather than on the current approach of blaming the
victims. If we are successful in the pitch, it will begin to change the
frame within which this issue is perceived -- at least in our small corner
of the world!

Alana LaPerle Consulting
Phone: 780.435.9908
Fax: 780.438.6837