CANCHID Archives

Canadian Network on Health in Development

CANCHID@YORKU.CA

From:
Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Canadian Network on Health in International Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jun 1998 23:04:29 -0400
Dear Colleagues:

I'm writing you to announce the recent launch of the Global Reproductive
Health Forum (GRHF), an innovative Internet networking project based at
the Harvard School of Public Health. The GRHF is a clearinghouse Website
that provides women around the world with access to critical information
about our health and bodies, in addition to serving as an electronic
space where women can come together and voice their opinions in the
global debate around reproductive health and rights.

The GRHF at <http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/Organizations/healthnet>
supports
a number of easily accessible services including:

- E-mail discussion groups
- Electronic journals
- On-line conferences

In addition, GRHF provides a free gateway to an extensive archive of
on-line information about:

- Gender issues
- Reproductive rights
- HIV/AIDS
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Abortion
- Maternal health
- Contraception
- Population and family planning

Unlike most on-line resources, GRHF specifically solicits participation
by women, particularly from under served populations and developing
countries. We are currently building regional Internet networks by
partnering with grassroots women's organizations in South Asia, West
Africa and Latin America, to get more women on-line and maximize their
use
of the Internet.  Our South Asia project is currently on-line at
<http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/Organizations/healthnet/SAsia/forum.html>

This Site is designed for use by grassroots organizations, activists,
researchers, students, government organizations and others interested in
the field of reproductive health.

Your input and participation are invaluable to us.  We encourage you to
submit your articles and viewpoints, and to give us feedback, both on
our main Website and on our regional project sites.

If you would like more information on our project, please contact Raeda
S. Al-Zubi, Project Coordinator, at [log in to unmask]

We look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Orit Halpern,
Project Manager