From:
Ken Hoffman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 15:50:47 -0400
I am looking for information on places that have progressive policies that promote access to public transit by persons living on low income.  In Ottawa, there has been a Task Force on Poverty over about the last year that has been looking at a number of issues.  The process is quite innovative because it has involved Regional staff working directly with (and supporting the participation of ) people on low income.

Access to public transit always comes out as a significant concern.  We'd like to have some examples that might be of use in discussions with our local transit authority which is, at present, only prepared to offer transit passes at slightly discounted rates.

As always, any leads would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ken Hoffman