From:
Cara Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 1997 10:43:42 -0500
Hi there.  I'm a student in my last year of nutrition at Ryerson
Polytechnic University in Toronto, Canada.  I've been a silent member of
this list for about 6 months.

I need to give a small presentation, and am considering doing it on some
aspects of the internet.  Most of the information I would need would be
about the demographics of the 'internet population'.  I remember
someone once mentioning here that only 7% of Canadians have access to the
internet.  I was wondering if any of you would be able to give me some
references as to where I could find other information like this, or perhaps
point me to some web sites.

My reason for doing this is to highlight to my fellow classmates the
demographics of internet users.  This way, they could decide if the
internet is a good medium for finding (for example) social research
subjects.  I think that because most of our friends (and many family
members) have internet access, students fail to realize that internet use
is not widespread in ALL groups in society.  As future health
professionals we need to keep this in mind before conducting research or
program planning that heavily involves the use of the internet.

If you prefer, you can email me directly any information you may have.

Thanks,
Cara Bowman

Cara Bowman                                [log in to unmask]

Foodbank Coordinator
Ryerson Student's Administrative Council