From:
"d.raphael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 20:27:09 PDT
From: Cathy Crowe <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 19:40:07 -0400
Subject: hunger web site
To: click4hp

>Yes, I too have seen it. This web site makes me extremely uncomfortable, as
does the ongoing but necessary existence of food banks, the increase - yet
always "never enough beds" opening of emergency shelters and the new
"outreach phenomenon" of vans that provide "curbside health care" that also
advertise their corporate benefactors on their vehicles. I revisited the web
site tonight. I clicked, and for a brief second felt great. That scares me.
Cathy Crowe, RN

Homelessness exists because we allow it to.

Cathy Crowe, RN
416-703-8482 (117)
416-703-6190 (fax)
Visit our Web Sites for information and reports from all of our Quality of
Life Projects!
        http://www.utoronto.ca/qol         http://www.utoronto.ca/seniors

   Where a great proportion of the people are suffered to languish
        in helpless misery,
   That country must be ill-policed and wretchedly governed:
   A decent provision for the poor is the true test of civilization.

   -- Dr. Samuel Johnson, 1770

Dennis Raphael, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Associate Director,
Masters of Health Science Program in Health Promotion
Department of Public Health Sciences
Graduate Department of Community Health
University of Toronto
McMurrich Building, Room 101