CANCHID Archives

Canadian Network on Health in Development

CANCHID@YORKU.CA

Sender:
Canadian Network on Health in Development <[log in to unmask]>
From:
"Pereira, Mrs. Deanna" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 15:47:52 -0400
I am passing along some information about a new book "Nursing in the
Americas" that I think will be of interest to members of the Canchid list.
This landmark publication is the first to be published by the Pan American
Health Organization on nursing in over 10 years and is the result of four
years of
multi-program research and cooperation.

  * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * *
As we move towards the 21st Century, nurses will continue to play a
predominant role in helping to develop better and more equitable public
health services for the most at-risk  population groups. Nursing in the
Americas highlights nursing's progress and achievements in the Region of the
Americas and reflects on what the nursing community can do in the future to
bridge the gaps of health inequality in all communities.

This 270-page publication is composed of 21 articles that examine such
issues as health in development, innovative approaches to nursing, the
organization and management of health services, nursing education, and
nursing research. The articles appear in Spanish, English, or Portuguese,
depending on the native language of the author(s) and abstracts are provided
in the three languages for broad application by all health professionals in
the Americas.

To obtain a copy of this book, please contact me at [log in to unmask] The
price is US $25
plus $8 for shipping within the USA and $13 for shipping outside the USA. My
fax number
is (202) 338-0869 and mailing address is:  Publications Program, DBI, PAHO,
525 Twenty-third St. NW, Washington, DC  20037-2895.

As a subscriber to this list, you qualify for a 10% discount.  In order to
receive the discount you must mention the code:  9LS571.

                - Deanna Pereira
                  Washington, DC