From:
Bruce Nugent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 10:28:11 -0800
Hi everyone out there in CLICK4HP land.  I subscribed about two months ago
to this listserv, but this is my first posting.  I need some help with a
wee project that I am working on.

I work at the Thunder Bay District Health Unit and I am putting together a
promotional package for our food safety course.  The public health
inspectors have trained and certified approximately 2,000 food handlers
since the program stated in 1989.  There has been a 50%  decrease in food
borne illness outbreaks since the inception of this program.  As you can
see, the program fairly successful and somewhat profitable for the Health
Unit.  Lately, the numbers have been slipping.  There has been little or no
promotion, just direct interaction with the target audience and their area
inspector.

There is a need for a promotional tool to reach all food operators.  So, in
a nutshell, is why we are doing this.  The format of the "piece" is 11x17
folded in half to give four 8.5 x11 pages to work with.  It will be used as
a direct mailout and a handout.  One section is reserved for registration.
 Interested parties may register online if they wish.  A graphic design
firm has been selected for design and layout.  Most of the copy is
completed with the exception of one part.  And that's why I am sending this
to you. We had a fantastic (at least I thought so) case study.  The case
study was of a food borne illness outbreak that occurred here in the Bay
about two or three years ago.  It was a beauty for a case study - faulty
oven door (proper temp never reached), brutal hygiene practices, cross
contamination and wee nasties like you read about - e.coli, clostridium
perfringens, etc.  It did not name the establishment, but some people are a
bit nervous about using it.  I really need a good case study to complete
this project, as this is the last step.  If anyone has one out there that I
could use, I would really appreciate it. I will promise to give full credit
to the willing participant, provide free final copies and name my next
child after them (wife is due in March).  As you can see I am rather
desperate to see an end to this project.

Thank you!!!

Bruce Nugent
Thunder Bay District Health Unit
http://www.tbdhu.on.ca