From:
"d.raphael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 1997 00:48:37 -0500
               NEWS FROM THE QUALITY OF LIFE RESEARCH UNIT

            Centre for Health Promotion, University of Toronto
                    Volume I, Number 4, February 1997

                     Quality of Life Research Updates

Seniors' Quality of Life
During the Spring of 1993, seniors' and service providers'
views concerning what makes for QOL were incorporated
into a Seniors' Quality of Life Profile (QOLPSV) (111
items). The research was carried out as  a project of the
North York Community Health Promotion Research
Unit, a partnership of the Centre and the North York
Public Health Department.

The QOLPSV underwent validation with 205 seniors
living in the community. Short (54 items) and Brief (27
items) versions of the QOLPSV have been developed and
validated.

Current Applications
The following are sites where versions of the Seniors'
Quality of Life Profile are being applied:

1. Downsview Seniors Services. Incorporation into
Ongoing Agency Activities.
2. University of Toronto Faculty of Nursing Home Health
Study.
3. Queens University & Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox &
Addington Health Unit. Evaluation of Home Care.
4. University of Western Ontario.  Seniors Independence
Research Program.

Papers and instruments are available from the  QOL
Research Unit.  Contact Ivan Brown at (416) 978-1102
([log in to unmask]). For information about
ongoing projects, Dennis Raphael, University of Toronto,