From:
Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 16:49:53 -0500
health promotion issue re: Iraq...
Dear Friends,

Today I received this email from a colleague who had just spoken with
France's UN office. They are begging us to flood their offices and the
other UN offices with emails to stop the war.  France needs to know
that Americans are with them on this.

France, China and Russia are the permanent Security Council members who
oppose war with Iraq. A vote against a war resolution by any of them
would defeat the resolution.

Please pass this on! This may be the last best chance of preventing
war.

authorize an aggressive war against Iraq by the United States and any "coalition
of the willing." As a citizen of the United States of America, I am
appalled by the recent actions taken by the government of the U. S.
with regard to Iraq. While ignoring completely far greater threats to world
peace and security, the Bush Administration has itself become the
greatest threat to peace, all in the empty name of ridding the world of
a dictator, which previous U.S. governments supported. Please veto the
forthcoming U.S. resolution to authorize war against Iraq; do not just
abstain!

Thank you.

************
Please forward this to everyone you can.  The UN email addresses are
below for the Security Council.

This could really make a difference, we can help the world stand
together for peace.  This email is making the rounds all over the
nation, send your emails and faxes today!  Thank you.

Bill Douglas, author and international human rights worker

Contact info for members of Security Council (Ambassador's name, email
and fax):

S.E. Ambassador M. Jean-Marc de LA Sabliere
(212) 207-9765

H.E. Ambassador Mr. Sergey Lavrov
(212) 628-0252

H.E. Ambassador Wang Yingfan
(212) 634-7626

H.E. Ambassador Sir Jeremy Greenstock
(212) 745-9316

H.E. Ambassador Mr. Stefan Tafrov
(212) 472-9865

S.E. Ambassador Martin Belinga Eboutou
(212) 249-0533

H.E. Ambassador M. Fran??ois Lonseny Fall
(212) 687-8248

S. E. Embajador Adolfo Aguilar Z?-nser
(212) 688-8862

H.E. Ambassador Dr. Mikha??Til Wahbi
(212) 983-4439

S.E. Ambassador Dr. Ismael Gaspar Martins
(212) 861-9295

S.E. Ambassador Juan Gabriel Vald??s
(212) 832-0236

H.E. Ambassador Dr. Gunter Pleuger