From:
"d.raphael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 01:23:17 PDT
Adeline:

I am in the process of writing a paper entitled

Is Population Health a Threat to the Health of Canadians?  It draws upon the
marvelous critiques of ppulation health by Ann Robertson, Blake Poland, David
Coburn, and Ron Labonte but puts a practical spin on how population health has
the potential to denigrate all the wonderful advances in theory and
practice provided by Health Promotion.

Available soon!

Dennis

Visit our Web Sites for information and reports from all of our Quality of Life
Projects!
        http://www.utoronto.ca/qol         http://www.utoronto.ca/seniors

   Where a great proportion of the people are suffered to languish
        in helpless misery,
   That country must be ill-policed and wretchedly governed:
   A decent provision for the poor is the true test of civilization.

   -- Dr. Samuel Johnson, 1770

Dennis Raphael, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Associate Director,
Masters of Health Science Program in Health Promotion
Department of Public Health Sciences
Graduate Department of Community Health
University of Toronto
McMurrich Building, Room 101