From:
Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 08:25:47 -0500
The following is brought to the attention of CLICK4HP because it will
represent a significant event in the government's of the world trying
to get their heads around what information and communication technology
mean for society and development, and because the area of health
informatics ranks high in the list of topics that everyone things of when
they think of social applications of ICT.

The Canadian CIDA Web Site listed below has the documentation for now and
in about two weeks the Conference is supposed to have its own Web Site. As
well, there are likely to be additional global and local discussion areas
(electronic venues) focused on issues surrounding the conference and the
conference topic.

Take a look at the material. Some of you might find topics with tossing
around here - as relates to health promotion. We will note here - in brief
postings - when and where things open up elsewhere. This is supposed to be
the first of three global conferences and it set for June 22-25 in
Toronto. Feel free to post the notice elsewhere.

 - This is public information - being brought to your attention -

 The Canadian Government, the World Bank, the US Government and
between 1,200 and 1,500 others will meet in Toronto in late June to
discuss "Knowledge for Development in the Information Age".

The details are on the Canadian CIDA web site under "What's New" at:

URL  http://w3.acdi-cida.gc.ca/cida_ind.nsf/pages/index_e.htm

In addition to 200-300 Ministers or policy level individuals, they are
targeting 400 "knowledge builders, teachers, trainers from learning
institutions including professionals from institutions of higher learning.
especially institutioins dealing with institutional development and
building learning communities, management and technology, ..... "

Details are available on the CIDA web site listed above.

Forwarded by:
 /  Sam Lanfranco, Distributed Knowledge Project, c/o CERLAC 240 YL, \
| York University, 4700 Keele Street, North York, ONT, CANADA M3J 1P3 |
|   FAX (416) 736-5737 - Ph (416) 736-5237 - Pag/Cell (416) 816-2852  |
|  <[log in to unmask]>  =  <[log in to unmask]>  =  <[log in to unmask]>  |
| YorkWeb-> www.yorku.ca/research/dkproj / BellaWeb->  www.bellanet.org |