From:
Bob Jeffery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 09:09:26 -0600
Hi, I  reviewed this information. I am very supportive of actively providing
support to people who are in violent situations.  My concern is that
generally speaking victims of violence are more likely to be male. The
protocol would read better if it acknowledged the need for support to all
victims of violence.  I fear that when men arrive for medical treatment
because of violence they are treated but not provided the support to deal
with the cause of the violence.  This is unfortunate and a missed
opportunity.

bobj

"The problem is not lack of awareness -- it's lack of inspiration."
Robert Swan, Explorer  www.fastcompany.com

Bob Jeffery, Health Planner
Northwestern Health Unit
396 Scott St