From:
"Stirling, Alison" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 08:51:08 -0500
Greetings,

It seems that every single week for the last month, I have posted a message
to this list-serv begging people to NOT post attachments to the CLICK4HP
list.  While Dennis Raphael's heartfelt apology for having, inadvertently
and unintentionally, posted 5 attached Word Perfect files with a total of
378 KB to this list,  is appreciated - it has caused significant problems.

Since that message was posted the list owners received 85 error messages,
the majority from non-North American (European and African) subscribers, and
there were about 25 'sign-offs' from the list (I reviewed the Click4HP list
yesterday and then again this morning).

Please - look at your "To:" address field and make sure that you are sending
a message directly to the person you wish to reach and NOT to the Click4HP
list if that is not intended. Be careful about attachments - do not use them
if at all possible, at least to international list-servs.  It is always
better form to keep your messages short, and to refer people to locations
where they can get additional information if they wish.

On another note - I actually appreciated seeing the fascinating papers on
Health Determinants and population health that Dennis inadvertently sent to
this list.  They are a great read and I hope, that once we sort out the
unintended problems that come with attachments, we could have a discussion
on some of the important points that Dennis has made.  So thank you Dennis
for sharing and for the apology.

Alison Stirling,
for Click4HP co-facilitators