CANCHID Archives

Canadian Network on Health in Development

CANCHID@YORKU.CA

From:
Pierre Dil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Canadian Network on Health in International Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 06:25:26 -0400
Greetings,

I have been a member of this list for over a year. Currently I work for a large
Canadian NGO working in Malawi ( advising on a Micronutrient and Health
programme sponsored by CIDA)i. I'm a medical doctor - a graduate of Zambia. I've
lived many years in Canada, am married to a Canadian, and have become a Canadian
citizen (the entire story of my country of origin is complicated by twists and
turns due to politics - if you would like the whole story please respond
privately).

I have done the Evaluation exam, the LMCC part 1, and have two years experience
working as a GP in Canada - as well as some years in International and Community
Health related jobs (hence my participation on this list). I have signed up to
do the LMCC part 2 in November 1996, in London, Ontario, which will require a
special trip back to Canada from Malawi.

I am wondering if I can get a bit of e-mail correspondence going with someone
who has either recently done the LMCC Part 2 exam, or is an examiner of students
preparing for the exam. Being so far removed from Canada, I have some
trepidation about doing this exam, in no part too because of advancing age, and
time since I graduated. I'd welcome any pointers from those who might like to
help.

Best wishes,

Dr. Pierre Dil
Technical Advisor, Micronutrient and Health Programme
World Vision International, Malawi
P.O. Box 692, Lilongwe, Malawi