CANCHID Archives

Canadian Network on Health in Development

CANCHID@YORKU.CA

From:
Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Canadian Network on Health in Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 2014 20:55:19 +0000
Dear CANCHID colleagues,

As a follow up to the earlier posting raising issues about the .health gTLD
on the Internet I am sending the following YouTube links to more background
information on Internet issues that will be important for global health in
the immediate future.

I am working with several groups including ICANN (http://icann.org) and the
Canadian Chapter of ISOC (http://www.internetsociety.ca/%E2%80%8E) on
issues involving Internet Governance, the Multi-Stakeholder Model of
governance of ICANN and issues coming up as a result of new global Top
Level Domain names (gTLDs),the IPv6 Internet addressing protocol, and the
emerging Internet of Things (IoT). As part of those efforts the Canadian
Chapter of ISOC has put five videos of interviews with me on YouTube. You
can find the Dr. Sam Lanfranco videos here
(http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Dr%20Sam%20Lanfranco&sm=12) or
you can just search YouTube for Dr. Sam Lanfranco These are my first effort
at YouTube videos and -in all honesty- I would rather use a wooden puppet
for the video and just do voice overlay.

You are invited to view the videos and send me comments, questions and
suggestions. The content is important and I welcome suggestions on how to
get it across better. Also, while I dislike being "on screen", if I am
going to do I would rather do it better, so all suggestions on that front
are also appreciated.

Sam Lanfranco

 "It is a disgrace to be rich and honoured
 in an unjust state" -Confucius
 Dr Sam Lanfranco (Prof Emeritus & Senior Scholar)
 Econ, York U., Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - M3J 1P3
 email: [log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask])   Skype: slanfranco
 blog:  http://samlanfranco.blogspot.com (http://samlanfranco.blogspot.com)
 Phone: 613 476-0429 cell: 416-816-2852

Access CANCHID archives at: https://listserv.yorku.ca/archives/canchid.html